St Michael's is once again holding limited in-person worship services in the church building.
Currently, in-person attendance at worship services is by invitation only. We are inviting parish members and catechumens in alphabetical order by last name until all of the openings for a liturgy service are filled. Invitations for the next liturgy will pick up where they left off previously. If you decline your invitation, you must wait until your turn comes around again in alphabetical order.
We are continuing to live-stream worship services through Zoom and Facebook Live for those who cannot attend in person. Below is the link to the videos area of St Michael's Facebook group. This area will allow you to see our current live stream as well as videos recorded previously.
If you are not already a member of the group, you will be asked if you are a member of St Michael's. Answer it, and you will automatically be added to the group.
As always, weekly bulletins can be found in their normal place on the Weekly Bulletins page.
Even though we are not able to gather in the church to worship, we still need to financially support the church as best we can. Please mail your offerings to the rectory address:
2231 E Huntington Dr
Wilmington DE 19808-4952
Thank you for your generous support!
In addition to St. Michael's own Church School classes, parents might want to check out classes at the All OCA Church School. Since the initial class held on March 25, the school has brought together hundreds of Orthodox kids from throughout North America, and abroad, to share in their faith, to prepare for our Lord’s Pascha, and now to celebrate with each other in the joy of the Resurrection. Check it out!
Church School page on the OCA website: https://www.oca.org/all-oca-church-school
To attend classes via Zoom, go to: http://bit.ly/oca_churchschool
In addition to St Michael's own worship services, parish members can also take advantage of the other OCA parishes that are streaming services. Below are links to a number of them.
- Holy Apostles Orthodox Church, Mechanicsburg, PA (Father Timothy Hojnicki's church)
- St. Nicholas Orthodox Church, Mogadore, OH
- The Orthodox Monastery of the Transfiguration, Ellwood City, PA
- St. Gregory Orthodox Church, Wappingers Falls, NY
- St. Mary Magdalene Orthodox Church, Fenton, MI
- St. Mary Orthodox Church, Falls Church, VA
- St. Justin Martyr Orthodox Church, Jacksonville, FL
- Holy Trinity Orthodox Church, East Meadow, NY
- St. Anne Orthodox Church, Corvallis, OR
- Holy Nativity of the Lord Orthodox Mission, Shreveport, LA
- St. John the Wonderworker Orthodox Church, Atlanta, GA
The OCA has an extensive resources page at: https://www.oca.org/resources-coronavirus
The State of Delaware has a coronavirus page at: https://de.gov/coronavirus
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has a coronavirus page at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html